Far too many believers have given up hope. But our God, is the God of Hope! Paul said:
(Rom 15:13 NASB) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Frustration is the Enemy of Hope: The definition of frustration is: “A feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems.”
- This definition says it all. In the Body of Christ I frequently run across people, good people, well-intentioned people, that fit this description to a tee.
- They are dissatisfied with the church, with God, with themselves, and with their walk.
- This dissatisfaction leads to worry and sometimes even depression.
- What has happened to them? Some way, some how they have lost their hope.
- They have given up on their situation, their expectation, and sometimes on God altogether. Paul warned us not to be ignorant of the devil’s schemes, because if we are he will get an advantage over us (2nd Cor 2:11).