Two major points I want to make this week:
- You can’t do any of what we have taught this month if you don’t know who you are.
- You won’t know who you are until you know who Jesus is!
(Mat 16:13-19 KJV) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Simon discerned Jesus’ true identity:
- Jesus asked who others identified Him to be
- Other misidentified Jesus to be either: John the Baptist, Jeremiah, Isaiah, or one of the prophets
- He then wanted to know is His disciples could properly identify Him
- The question was posed to all 12
- Only one (Simon) received the answer
- The answer came by revelation (not flesh and blood)
By identifying Jesus’ true identity, Simon found his own (Peter):
- You ID’d me, so let me now ID you
- Simon, You are Peter
- When you find Jesus you are able to find yourself
- When you find yourself you will be able to discover your purpose
- You don’t come up with your purpose, you discover it
- When you discover your purpose you will receive incremental vision
- When you walk in accordance with God-given vision you will experience divine provision and favor
Christmas is so commercialized these days that some have left CHRIST out of it. The countless images of Santa, reindeer, ‘Happy Holidays’ posters, and etc. fail to acknowledge the reason for the season. I don’t mind my kids believing in Santa or enjoying Christmas, just as long as they don’t forgot CHRIST!
I hope you enjoy this video:
Awesome worship! Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, Male, Female, Rich, and Poor, all worshipping God together! I love it!!!!!
This was @ the KCM D.C. Victory Campaign yesterday morning. I had a wonderful time.
On August 27th 1995 I gave myself away to Christ Jesus and it was the best decision I have ever made. My life has never been the same; and while I cannot say it has been a perpetual picnic, I can say that it has been amazingly awesome! Life in Christ is TRUE life. Without Christ you may be existing, but you are not living. If you have not done it, you should give yourself away to Christ today!!!
The Bible says: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” The Father sent Jesus to die in your stead, simply because He loves you. Who would not want to give themselves away to a God like that? Give yourself away and He will use you for His glory! Once you do, the remainder of your life will be a life full of purpose, vision, direction, and power!
Let this song minister to you.
Isabella and I have been partners with Kenneth Copeland Ministries (KCM) since 2003. We are super-excited about finally being in a meeting with them live. KCM runs a Washington D.C. Victory Campaign every year and this year’s starts tonight. The event is only a few miles from our home here in Woodbridge, Virginia. If you are in the area I welcome you to join us. I know we are going to have an awesome time.
If you are not in the area, I ask you to agree with us in prayer that the Father would manifest His glory in this conference – that burdens would be removed, yokes destroyed, lives changed and souls saved.