Two major points I want to make this week:
1. You cannot live a life pleasing to God in the flesh (human ability)
2. Fasting gives you an opportunity to do HANDS-ON TRAINING for submitting to the Spirit, versus succumbing to the flesh
Major points I want to make this week:
- Natural vs. Spiritual vs. Carnal
- Learning to be led of the Spirit
(1 Cor 2:9-14 KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1. Before we come to God we are natural
a. Born with a sin nature.
b. Sin was natural to us.
2. The Natural cannot receive Spiritual things
a. The natural man attempts to make sense of everything, because he processes everything through his senses.
b. The Spiritual communicates with God Spirit-to-spirit.
c. God is Spiritual, not sensual.
3. Once you are Born-Again, if you live by your Old Nature you are referred to as “Carnal”
a. The Carnal man is a believer who is governed by the flesh.
b. You can be Born-Again and still dominated by your old nature.
4. To be Spiritual you must
a. Be Spirit-indwelled.
b. Be Soul-transformed.
5. The goal is to be to Spiritual (to be led of the Spirit)
a. When you are led of the Spirit you are a SON of God (Rom 8:14).
b. When you are led of the Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Gal 5:16).
This is the third lesson in the series. Christus Victor (Jesus Christ is Victor!). The BIG IDEA of this lesson is that Jesus crushed satan and his demons on the cross and He FOREVER liberated those of us who are Christians. We have safety and protection from satan and demons.