(Mark 9:22,23 NASB) “It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” And Jesus said to him, ” ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.”
1. There is LITERALLY Nothing God can’t do.
2. Any limit we perceive of our God is an artificial limit we have placed on Him!
3. As we grow in Christ our experiences should help us expand our capacity to believe.
4. The more you can believe; the more is POSSIBLE for you!
Power without parameters is dangerous. That’s what got Adam in trouble in the Garden of Eden.
- Godly friends provide guardrails
- The Holy Spirit provides guardrails
- The Word of God provides guardrails
- Understanding your limits provides guardrails
Here’s the question: What system do you have in place that will keep you from crossing the line that you really don’t want to cross? Without systems in place (guardrails) crossing the line is inevitable.
John said, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is” (1st John 3:1,2).
Do you realize that you are a SON and not a SERVANT or a SLAVE? Once you truly realize that you are SON of God, the possibilities are endless! Take your limits off of our LIMITLESS God!